Orange Street ArtsFest 2017
Artist Applications for Orange Street ArtsFest 2017 will open January 25th 2017!
Interested in participating this year at the hottest annual street art fair of downtown Wilmington? Thalian Association Community Theatre will be accepting artist applications for Memorial Day Weekend starting January 25, 2017. Check out the following charts before applying:
Outdoor Booth Chart- Available Now
Indoor Booth Chart- Available Now
Printable Artist Application- complete and mail in (Available Now)
ONLINE Artist Application Form - complete online (Available Now)
Email questions to Community Arts Center Director, Samantha Herrick.
|THANK YOU to our 2017 Sponsors:|
2017 OSAF- General Information
22nd Annual Orange Street ArtsFest
Location: The festival will take place at our namesake location on Orange Street between Front and 3rd streets, next to the Hannah Block Historic USO/Community Arts Center and in front of the building on 2nd Street.
HBHUSO/Community Arts Center
120 South 2nd. Street
Wilmington, NC 28401
*Memorial Day Weekend*
Saturday, May 27 - 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday, May 28 - 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Set-up: Orange Street will be open for booth set up from 7 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. At your assigned time, artist will be asked to unload your vehicle, park it and then return to set up your booth. After 9:00 a.m., the street will be closed to all traffic.
Sunday, May 28th - 5:01 pm - 7:00 pm. All exhibits must be removed by 7:00 pm. Exhibit area must be left clean and free of trash at breakdown.
There are three options for submitting applications. All NEW applicants must submit color photos of artwork.
Online Application: You can complete the online application at this link. Payments can be made over the phone with credit card, or by mailing a check P.O Box 1111, Wilmington, NC 28402.
Mail To: Orange Street ArtsFest, P.O. Box 1111, Wilmington, NC 28402.
Payment: Payments can be made over the phone with credit card, or by mailing a check P.O Box 1111, Wilmington, NC 28402. Make all checks payable to Thalian Association Community Theatre
To qualify for the Early Bird Special - applications must be postmarked by April 30th, 2017.
Vendors will receive an email confirmation that your application was received and another email that your application has been accepted.
Early Bird Special: $135 (before April 30th, 2017)
Regular Price: $150 (after May 1st, 2017 until spaces are filled)
Booth Size: Outdoor exhibit spaces measure approximately 10’ wide by 10’ deep. Indoor exhibit spaces measure approximately 10’ wide by 8’ deep. Work must be contained within the assigned space. Only one exhibitor or partnership producing a single product may qualify as an exhibitor. Tents are allowed but not required. ArtsFest will NOT provide tents, tables or chairs.
All new applicants must submit color photos of artwork.
Acceptable to show: Original work in acrylic, oils, watercolor, sculpture, drawing, graphics, wearable art, leather, jewelry, clay, glass, fiber, metal work, or mixed media. We request that the participating artist be the one who conceived of and executed the finished product. Photographically or commercially reproduced work is also acceptable. It must be limited editions, signed and numbered by the artist.
Unacceptable to show: Shell crafts, decoupage and decal crafts; works made in commercial molds, from patterns or kits; dried flower arrangements; needlework made from commercial patterns; and works utilizing materials from endangered species. We reserve the right to decline any artwork we deem is not in keeping with the nature of the show.
1. You will be notified of your space assignment prior to the show. Space assignments will not be changed. Please refer to booth chart.
2. All photographically or commercially reproduced work must be limited editions, signed and numbered by the artist. Extra reproductions should be exhibited in bins.
3. Each artist is responsible for collecting NC 7% sales tax on all sales made during the ArtsFest. NC law requires a NC sales tax number. Failure to provide a NC sales tax number on your application may disqualify you from participation.
4. Deadline for entries to be received is May 15th, 2017 or until all spaces filled. Application must include your NC sales tax number and a $135/$150 check for your booth space.
5. All artist participants are eligible for awards presented by the ArtsFest judge.
6. All items for sale must be the original work of the applicant. No buy/sell, imports, kits, or commercial products. NOTE: Management reserves the right to remove any exhibit/exhibitor without refund and without recourse.
7. Exhibitors may not sublet or share booth space.
8. An accepted application is a commitment to show. Cancellations must be in writing and submitted to our office 14 days prior to the show. No credits or refunds within 14 days of show.
9. $25.00 fee for all returned checks.
10. Exhibits/exhibitors must not extend beyond allotted 10 x 10, space.
11. Security will be provided, however, Orange Street ArtsFest shall not be liable or responsible for any items lost, stolen, or damaged.
12. Orange Street ArtsFest reserves the right to make final interpretation of all rules.